What is Free Form Roleplaying?
Free Form role playing is improvisational story telling. Each player has a character or characters and those characters interact with others belonging to other players.
Each player decides the actions and fate of his/her own character. This means that dice are not necessary. Free Form gaming involves cooperation between the players toward the shared goal of creating the best story possible.
What Are The Rules?
There are no rules, but there are guidelines.
1. You are the only one who can control your character.
2. Keep your own feelings separate from your character’s.
3. Be careful to separate what you know from what your character knows.
4. Do not call the results of actions on another player’s character without consent.
5. Do not alter the setting without permission of the one who created that setting.
How do I create a character?
A lot of people think this is a tough question, but it really doesn’t have to be. Just use your imagination. First, decide what kind of genre you want to participate in. e.g., High Tech, Historical, or Fantasy. Then cover the basics, is the character male or female or both or neither. Give the character a name and the beginnings of a personality and a history.
A lot of new players make the mistake of putting too much detail into a new character. Just sketch out the details at first. That way, you have a lot of room to let the character develop itself as you play.